Monday, May 25, 2009

24 May 2009 Writing Update

Had a pretty productive day today, writing-wise.

Today's writing accomplishments:
  • Finished the second draft of my dissertation chapter outline/description (about 2200 words) and sent that off to my advisor. I am, as always, slightly apprehensive about how he will receive it.
  • Extracted my notes from two books on elements I will want to add into the dissertation: one piece on linking sexuality with modernity and one on the Foucaultian notion of "discourse," both of which I think I'll want to include, probably in the first chapter.
  • Put down a few words on Carcosa. I'll contact my new collaborators on Tuesday about my ideas.
My writing goals for tomorrow are minimal, as we have some friends coming over for a cookout at 3 PM (Memorial Day and all).

No comments: